Q: The manual for my mixer advises that disconnecting the ring-pin will prevent damage to the mixer from sending unbalanced signals from the main outputs. How do I do this?

A: Since the publication of the manual, we've ensured that using an unbalanced cable with those particular connections will ensure not require you to disconnect the ring-pin. Basically, it means using a TS plug rather than a TRS. The difference of which can be seen by looking at the metallic part of the plug. A TS plug has a smooth base (or sleeve) and a tip only, whereas a TRS plug will have the base divided in two by an indent. If this description doesnt make it clear, perhaps your nearest pro audio retail outlet may be able to help distinguish the difference.